Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Blue Exorcist, Volume 7 - kazue Kato Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

The story arc with the Impure King continues... D:

I really enjoyed this volume. It seems that Kazue Kato is really getting into the stride of telling the story now, and I'm no longer as confused by the minor characters as I was before.

This volume really picked up the pace as the story arc races towards its conclusion. Apparently the arc was supposed to end in this volume, but it's continuing on in volume eight. (Cliffhanger, noooooo...) I don't really mind, though - I'm enjoying the arc with the Impure King (as I keep saying, haha)!

I liked that Kuro was in a little picture at the end of each chapter as the poor thing didn't feature at all in the main story. It made me smile every time. As far as cute 'animal' sidekicks go, Kuro's brilliant.

Family, friendship and trust are important in this volume, now more so than ever. I'm looking forward to seeing how these themes develop, especially the theme of family due to the relationship between Rin and Satan.

Looking forward to the next volume! :)

I recommend this to anyone who likes action-packed, paranormal manga. :(