Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Black Bird, Vol. 10 - Kanoko Sakurakouji 'Misao is the bride of prophecy whose blood gives power to the demon who claims her. But most demons want to keep her power for themselves - by eating her! Now Misao is just trying to stay alive...'

In this volume, we learn more about Kyo's father and about his brother, Sho.

I was close to giving this volume only three stars because I hated how Kyo treated Misao. I've said before how much I dislike how he 'punishes' her, and he does it yet again in this volume. Why is he so jealous and rough with her? She's a bit of a moron sometimes (especially, it seems, when it comes to her mixed feelings about Sho and what happened with him), but he doesn't need to be so... mean. DISAPPROVE. >8U Though... I suppose he is a demon. :/ Blah.

That aside I enjoyed the flashback and overall plot of this volume. It explained a lot about Kyo and Sho's relationship, as well as the relationship between Kyo and his father. I liked getting to know Yoh, and I'm also really glad that Sho has made a reappearance in this volume. I don't know what it is about him, but he's very intriguing.

The beginning of the volume was quite slow, but it picked up pace towards the end. This seems to be a common complaint of mine about this manga series, but perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. Maybe it's just a shoujo thing. Who knows? XD

Also, for some reason this volume reaffirmed my love of Hoki (and Segami, and Zenki and, well...). Yup. I also enjoyed the little daily routine doodles. They were adorable!

Looking forward to the next volume as the series seems to be building up towards something big. I just hope that Kyo learns how to properly treat a woman sometime (though I doubt it).