Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Black Bird, Vol. 11 (Black Bird, #11) - Kanoko Sakurakouji 'Misao is the bride of prophecy whose blood gives power to the demon who claims her. But most demons want to keep her power for themselves - by eating her! Now Misao is just trying to stay alive...'

In this volume, the village gets even more annoyed by the face Kyo won't share Misao's power and Sho starts to show his true colours... again.

I'm not entirely sure what Sho means when he says that he needs the whole world to be in chaos in order to live. Is it something to do with the spell that brought him back, or is it something to do with the fact he's just a bit of a dick? Not really sure. Hopefully it'll be explained in later volumes and Misao won't seem like a complete airhead. Again.

This volume only gets three stars because it just didn't hold my interest as much as previous volumes. I dislike Kaede as a character - to be honest, she bores me. I think it'd be interesting enough to have Kyo trying to deal with the village's unrest without Sho and Kaede sticking their oars in too. Gah. Misao, what do you see in Sho, seriously? He's such a butt.

On the other hand, I didn't completely dislike this volume (hence it got three stars and not one or two). I loved Misao's interaction with the children in the orphanage, and I loved Kyo and Misao's relationship in this one. If you ignore their somewhat dubious beginnings, Kyo was completely adorable with her in this volume. I also loved the fact that Misao regained her childhood memories of Sho and Kyo. :)

Another up side of this volume was that I felt it didn't move too slowly, which has been an issue in previous ones. It also ended on a cliffhanger and I'm starting to worry for the safety of the Daitengu!!

This was an all right volume, but I hope the next one picks up again and reaches the standard of some of the previous ones.