Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 02 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume contains one of my favourite stories in the early manga series - the twins' fight! :) Also included is the school's dreaded physical exam, Tamaki taking on an apprentice and a visit to the Ohtori aqua garden.

This is the volume where the characters begin to get depth. Surprisingly enough, it is Mori who gets the most depth here, despite the fact he hardly says anything at all. Also, as I mentioned, we get the twins' fight, which makes me chuckle every time.

The art has improved from the last volume, but it's still not perfect. There are some beautiful panels, though. I'm not hating on Hatori's art - it just improves a lot as the series goes on.

There is also a short story at the end of this volume called Romantic Egoist, which is quite sweet (and you can definitely see the artistic improvement when comparing it to Ouran!). It's a nice little bonus, if you're in the mood.

As usual with reviewing manga, I don't have that much to say, but this is a series I highly recommend. :)