Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume is a bit hit and miss for me. I love the beach episode, particularly as Haruhi learns an important lesson and Kyoya shows a different side to himself. For some reason, the scene where he pushes Haruhi down on the bed always gives me shivers. And, later in the volume, the sneaky twins strike again. Haha. I love those two, even if some people find them annoying.

I also enjoyed the look into the past with Haruhi and her father. It was an interesting extra episode. :)

On the other hand, I dislike the Zuka Club. They're annoying. Less so in the anime, for some reason. Perhaps it's because of the lesbian comments, I don't know. :/

Aside from the Zuka Club, I enjoyed this volume a lot. I do get the feeling that this series is basically a bunch of interconnected episodes where character development happens, though. Probably due to all the costume changes, haha. I'm sure it gets less so as the series goes on, but the early series seems to suffer a bit from feeling disconnected.

But then, I only notice this when I think back on the volume, so maybe it's not very noticeable? :)