Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 09 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

In this volume, we get to see how Hikaru and Kaoru joined the host club, we meet a princess and Tamaki gets sick.

My favourite chapter in the book was the back story of Hikaru and Kaoru. You kind of forget what horrible people they were until Tamaki came along and shook up their lives. Tamaki has a kind of sunshine effect on people, I think.

I also really enjoyed the chapter where Tamaki gets sick. Haruhi + Tamaki growth, woo! (Aside from the fact Tamaki ruins it with his silly assertions he's Haruhi's father. Oh, Tamaki, you are such an oblivious fool, but I still love you.)

Also, apparently Mori thinks about kissing Hunny. My fangirl heart flutters.

There is also a very long installment of Love Egoist at the end, which is a bit annoying because it meant that the main Ouran part was quite short. However, it was an enjoyable little story and I didn't mind it that much - I only wish it wasn't included at the expense of Host Club pages!

All in all, this was a really good volume, in that all the episodes were tied together and felt necessary. I even got a little teary when Haruhi was talking about her mother in the 'princess episode'.

Halfway through now. Makes me a little bit sad! :(