Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

In this volume, we meet a brand new semi-regular character - Mei! It seems a bit late to be introducing another main (ish) character, but I actually like Mei a lot. She is very different from Haruhi, and it's nice for Haruhi to have a female friend (that knows her secret, unlike Renge).

We also get introduced to a girl with a crush on Hunny, and to the school sports festival story arc (which is concluded next volume).

Also, hey, Kyoya has some passion in him. Despite the fact he and Tamaki have a bit of a falling out this volume, I loved seeing a different side to Kyoya.

And Mori bought a baby chick, which is absolutely adorable. It can be seen riding around on his head, teehee. :)

The romance plots continue to grow stronger. I was particularly interested in the twins - as Kaoru points out, they share everything, but there is only one Haruhi. I'm pretty sure Tamaki is going to end up with Haruhi (it's been slanted that way since volume one), but it'd be a nice surprise if someone else ended up the male romantic lead. :P

And last, but not least, we get to properly meet Hikaru and Kaoru's parents. I love their dad!

Compared to volume nine, this volume felt stuffed full of content. I love the direction in which this is moving.