Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18 (Ouran High School Host Club, #18) - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

The last volume in the series is, by the author's admittance, self-indulgent and full of romantic cliches. That's fine, really. I enjoyed it a lot - it felt like a return to the early volumes of Ouran High School Host Club, where there wasn't anything to worry about.

Sadly, after the wonderful previous volume, this suffered a bit in comparison.

That said, I loved the little insights into everyone's futures, and that some plot lines (Kyoya's, for example) were left open-ended and unresolved. This kind of makes it feel as though the characters are still living their lives even after the series has ended.

I also liked that Haruhi's hair grew out as the volume went on. Cute! :)

This is a great finale to what has been an amazing series. I'll be on the look out for more of Bisco Hatori's work; there's no doubt about that. :)