Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 05 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume contains one of my favourite sections from the early manga - the summer holiday! (Take two, seeing as time doesn't pass in this manga (but that's okay)). I love seeing the character development in the twins throughout the chapters set in the pensione at Karuizawa, and I also love that Mori's given a little chance to shine. And Haruhi and Hikaru's date and the ensuing thunderstorm! <3 <3 I can just see Tamaki growing mushrooms in the corner, so I'll add that I loved the scene with him playing the piano. He just looked so peaceful. :)

Also, Nekozawa is in this volume and I've always loved Nekozawa and the black magic club. Bereznoff (or Beezlenef in the anime) makes me laugh. His little sister tragically is afraid of the dark, and Nekozawa can't handle the light! *swoons dramatically*

I also think that this volume contains some absolutely beautiful art. The difference from the first volume is quite noticeable.

All in all, this is one of my favourite volumes in the series so far.