Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 07 - Bisco Hatori Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

In this volume, we find out some more about Kyoya's character, and we meet Hunny and Mori's younger brothers. We also meet the Zuka Club again (gak) and we get to delve a little into the twins' past.

Firstly, the annoyance of the Zuka Club was offset by the appearance of Haruhi's dad. Thank goodness. I really don't know why they irritate me so much, just that they do. I guess the host club need rivals, though. I DID enjoy the Zuka Club's true motivation for the whole thing, though. And the fact they sent the host club tickets to make it up to them, haha. I guess they weren't as annoying in this volume as the first time they appeared.

I enjoyed Kyoya and Haruhi's one-on-one interaction a lot, though, and I loved the bonus chapter delving into the twins' past. These two chapters really made the volume for me. I also liked meeting Hunny and Mori's younger brothers, as we have not had much backstory on those two so far. I always like character backstory! :)

I also love how incredibly kick-ass Hunny is despite his cuteness. An interesting combination. :)

There was also another episode of Love Egoist, which continued on from the one previous. I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I really enjoyed this one. I love the couple in it, despite the whole forbidden student/teacher dynamic.

Whilst I didn't enjoy this volume as much as the previous one, I still liked it a lot. :)