Serukis

Emy's Book Blog

Kushiel's Dart
Jacqueline Carey
Victoria Flanagan
Black Bird, Vol. 16 - Kanoko Sakurakouji 'Misao is the bride of prophecy whose blood gives power to the demon who claims her. But most demons want to keep her power for themselves - by eating her! Now Misao is just trying to stay alive...'

Firstly, hooray! I didn't have to wait until June!

Ahhh, we must be getting close to the end now, mustn't we? Secrets are beginning to be revealed, and the clock is ticking.

Kyo was actually kind of frightening in this volume. I am glad the daitengu are there and loyal to him, because now he needs them more than ever. Thank goodness Misao was able to stand up for herself in the face of Kyo's terror and rage, because, for once, she was the only one with a sensible idea in her brain.

And it was heartbreaking when Kyo said that he won't be able to love his child. :c Which they seem to have decided is a boy, so perhaps it will be.

I am pretty confident that Kyo and the daitengu will find a solution to the problem at hand, because this is a shoujo manga after all, and LOVE WILL TRIUMPH!

This volume felt as though it was over pretty quickly, despite the heart-wrenching scenes and my conflicting emotions about Misao's pregnancy

It's likely the next volume will be the last, but perhaps Sakurakouji will get another two out of this story arc. Who knows? (Oh, according to Wikipedia there are 19 volumes. I wonder if there's enough plot left to get it that far. We shall see!)

I'm desperate to find out what happens next, but I don't think the next volume is out for a while. Aaaaaah. D: (And no, I don't want to read a scanulation. I will resist the urge!)